Reasons or Excuses: Procrastination
NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are scared
- You have limited support
- You are afraid to fail
- You doubt your ability
- You are distracted
- You don’t have a plan
- You feel like you’re going to be disappointed
- You have unrealistic expectations
- You want to impress everyone
- You have a hard time dealing with stress
- You never wanted to do the task anyway
- You rely on other people’s experiences to dictate your outcome
- You have too much on your plate
- You haven’t taken time to understand how much work you need to do
- You have yet to break the task into steps
- You know that there is more clarification needed
NOTICE THAT EACH STARTS WITH ‘YOU’.
YOU are in charge of not using excuses so acknowledge the statements like: “I can just do it later”, ‘ I have far too much to do”, “ OK, I’ll do it after I’m finished this last video”… Guess what, the more you do that, the more you disappoint yourself. The weight that comes from knowing you’re not doing your best is the result of procrastination, making it harder and harder to reach your fullest potential.
Why do that yourself when you don’t have to?